Last Update: November 13, 2015
Freedom from Fossil FuelsDon’t electric cars freeze up in Winter and become useless? Biofuels – carbon neutral? sustainable?
Table of Contents
- Electric Car Ownership Economics
- Electric cars aren’t too expensive – you can own one for free
- Electric vehicle tax credits encourage adoption, help governments reach climate goals
- Electric cars drive cheaper, electricity is a cheaper fuel, calculating the cost of any fuel
- Electric cars are cheaper to maintain, no oil to change, no gaskets to replace, etc
- Saving on refueling time and other time costs associated with the cars
- How to calculate electric car cost per mile of range – which EV is more valuable
- Calculating effective trip speed – Fast charging cars more valuable
- Leasing insulates you against electric car price fluctuations
- Driving an electric cars is serenity, what’s “peace of mind” worth to you?
- Externalized car ownership costs that tilt the playing field towards gasoline cars
- Understanding car cost of ownership – gasoline, diesel, electric, etc
- Car cost of ownership models
- Altruism – Saving the World at What Cost?
- What’s the Cost of Inaction? Fossil fuels keep causing climate change
- Jeremy Jackson – Ocean Apocalypse – Naval War College Lecture
- Recognizing the future costs of climate change and resource wars
- What is it worth to avoid future climate change and environmental catastrophes?
- Peak Oil the long-term gasoline price (hint: UP) and electricity price (hint: STABLE)
- What’s your share of the cost of the global oil war?
- Don’t electric cars freeze up in Winter and become useless?
- Freedom from Fossil Fuels
- Electric cars are safer than gasoline cars