Pages with tag Tesla Model S
- Converting a 60 kWh Tesla Model S to 75 kWh in under 5 minutes: Upgrading the electric car battery capacity sounds like it would require a trip to a service station, putting the car on a lift, and a couple hours to swap the battery packs. A newly released video shows the process to upgrade a Tesla Model S 60D to a Model S 75D. Instead of shop time, all that's required is tapping a PURCHASE button on a web page, and a $2000 payment. Within a couple minutes the car gets a software download, the infotainment system reboots, and all the screens start saying '75D' instead of '60D'. It doesn't, though, change the badge on the back of the car.
- Elon Musk reveals the Tesla Model S P85D, dual motor drive, 0-60 miles/hr in 3.2 seconds, faster than McLaren F1: Doubling down on Tesla's high performance appeal, the new dual drive Model S is blowing peoples minds.
- Jay Leno drove the Tesla Model S, said it's a great electric car that looks like a car: The comedian car nut brought the Model S into his Garage for a complete look. Includes a long discussion with chief designer Franz von Holzhausen
- Knoxie takes the Leaf and the kids on a Tesla Supercharger hunting expidition, finding two Model S's: The Tesla Supercharger makes the Model S such a compelling car, even experienced EV owners feel drawn to them.
- Question raised by history of the P85D revelation - was it developed because Elon Musk wrecked his McLaren F1?: As a newly minted zillionaire founder of Paypal etc in 1999, Elon Musk bought a $1 million McLaren F1 supercar and promptly wrecked it. At the P85D reveal event, Musk bragged it was faster than a McLaren F1. Coincidence?
- REFUEL 2013 was awesome for the overwhelming Tesla Model S presence: Held each year at Laguna Seca Raceway, the REFUEL race lets electric car drivers show their stuff. REFUEL 2013 saw a huge influx of Model S's.
- Tesla Motors' electric car and battery megafactories changes the cleantech game on a huge scale: To electrify all the worlds cars requires a huge electric car production, and the large factories to match.
- The Model S P85D's insane acceleration catches these people totally unaware: The P85D settings include an acceleration button clearly marked "INSANE", but it still catches people unaware that electric drive can be so powerful.
- The true actual purchase cost of a Tesla (Model S 70D): The Tesla Model S and Model X are high end luxury cars and therefore out of the reach of purchase by mere mortals. Is that actually true? This fellow bought a Tesla Model S 70D and breaks down the actual cost of ownership for us.