Pages with tag Porsche
- A new chapter in the company's history: The Taycan is an all-electric sports car, and Porsche built a whole new factory for its production.
- Porsche adds the Taycan 4s to the electric family: Porsche is announcing the first update to the Taycan EV sports car lineup, the Taycan 4S. The 4S has a slower acceleration, 0-60 miles/hr in 3.8 seconds versus 2.8 seconds for the versions announced last month, further the 4S is a lot cheaper.
Porsche definitively enters the electric era with the new Taycan:
Porsche is throwing down quite a lot of money and investment - new employees - new production facilities - for the purpose of "electrification". Notice in the title for the press release Porsche used the word "electric", but in the body they used the word "electrification". However they are describing a fully electric sports car and the advantages of moving to an 800 volt drive-train. It's a matter of physics, with the same wiring thickness Porsche can move double the wattage with their 800 volt system versus a 400 volt system. This enables ultra-fast charging at 350 kW, and higher power delivery for all subsystems.
- Porsche increases stake in Rimac to 15.5 percent: Rimac, over the last 10 years, has made a name for itself in high end electric sports cars. Porsche is increasing its stake, saying that they like what Rimac is doing. Of course Porsche must be getting something out of the deal and is likely using drive train components sourced from Rimac.
Porsche to join Formula E competition in sixth season
The Formula E electric race car series will be joined by another large car manufacturer for the 2019/2020 season (season 6). Porsche is a major performance car brand, and plans to join the Formula E series the year after next.
- The history: Porsche, the electrical pioneer: In modern times Porsche is most known for ultra-powerful sports cars and high end race cars that rely on the power of internal combustion. Little known is the fact that Dr. Ferdinand Porsche, the founder of the company, got his start in vehicle design by designing both electric and hybrid-electric cars.
- World premiere of the Porsche Taycan: Sports car, sustainably redesigned: Introduction/launch of the Porsche Taycan. Porsche hopes this car will open a new chapter in its history as the Volkswagen Group heads towards a full scale embrace of electric vehicle technology.