Pages with tag Hyundai
- 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid and Electric models soon to be available to U.S. consumers
- 2018 Hyundai Ioniq line-up adds versatile and efficient plug-in Hybrid variant to hybrid and electric models <p>Hyundai becomes one of the first automakers to offer the same model with 3 or more drive-trains. In theory this gives car purchasers the power of choice. As a plug-in Hybrid the Ioniq offers a paltry 29 miles electric range, which hardly seems attractive. </p>
- 2019 Hyundai Kona electric recalibrates the Eco CUV formula with an impressive 250 miles of estimated range
- Cisco and Hyundai: Bringing the Next Generation Car to 2019 Production Cisco is seeking to do what LG is starting to do for the car industry. Both are electronics giants with expertise in consumer electronics. LG has begun manufacturing automotive components for GM and some other car companies, and now Cisco is beginning to do the same.
- Hyundai Motor and Aurora partner to develop Levl 4 autonomous vehicles by 2021
- Hyundai showcases world's first self-driven fuel cell electric vehicles
- NEXO: The next-generation fuel cell vehicle from Hyundai
- Tesla Prep For Model 3, Lucid Air PR, Self-Driving Bolt EV -- Transport Evolved Feb 10, 2017 To prepare for start of Model 3 production, Tesla Motors will do a short factory shutdown in order to install the necessary equipment (tooling, etc). Audi has been trash-talking Tesla Motors, claiming Audi will supply the first properly Premium Electric Car. Honda put out a strange fuel cell advertising campaign. Hyundai Ioniq beginning deliveries in USA, but with only 120 miles range probably cannot compete against Chevy Bolt. Because of Dieselgate, Volkswagen is launching its Electrify America plan with a website and a request for ideas. Nissan is in trouble for emissions of its Diesel powered vehicle. Lucid Air giving test drives to select people. The Tesla Model X can be easily accessed with just a screwdriver. Both Tesla and SpaceX joined a large group of Hi-Tech companies complaining about the Trump Administration Muslim travel ban. GM released a new video on progress towards a self-driving car. Electric car sales in the UK totaled 4.2% in January 2017.
- Tesla Prep For Model 3, Lucid Air PR, Self-Driving Bolt EV -- Transport Evolved Feb 18, 2017 GM expands Maven car sharing to Los Angeles. Latest Tesla update provides real-time Supercharger status, preparing for an influx of more EV drivers. Adds data about congestion at upcoming supercharger stations so you can make additional plans. Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Sedan recalled for software glitch that's expected to be rare but wasn't found in testing. EV Sales in Norway, where electric car sales are extremely popular, top 37 percent of new car sales last month (January 2017). That's just 13% from bypassing the 50% sales level. Hyundai announces $29,500 entry-level price (MSRP) for 2017 IONIQ EV, and combined with tax incentives it is extremely affordable. Jason Hughes, a famous Tesla Hacker, hacks his Model S to make it 30% more powerful. Electric bus maker, Proterra CEO predicts one-third of all new busses will be electric in just four year’s time (by 2021), and by 2030 all such busses will be electric. Daimler announces their Smart brand will become an all-electric brand in the U.S., completely eschewing gasoline. Was Waymo’s Brain Drain caused by overpaying its staff? It seems Waymo's parent company (Google/Alphabet) paid those employees enough to make them independently wealthy, allowing them to leave to start their own self-driving-vehicle startups. Kia exec says NIRO EV will hit market in 2018. Mercedes-Benz starts small series production for Daimler Urban eTruck. A patient Bolt EV owner has driven their car 300 miles on a charge, or 70 miles more than the EPA rating.