Electric Racing videos
Clean Energy and Transportation News
Electric Racing videos
- Chip Yates takes electric superbike to Bonneville Salt Flats for land speed racing After going to the Miracle Mile for an unofficial speed record, Chip Yates entered the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.
- Chip Yates on bringing an electric superbike from concept to reality In 2009-10 Chip Yates had intended to join the 2010 TTXGP North America series but did not do so. These videos document the progression from concept up until the first test on a race track at Infineon Raceway (now known as Sonoma Raceway) in December 2010. That test was in preparation for his scheduled WERA race where he would go head-to-head with gasoline powered motorcycles, <a href="/videos/electric-racing/chip-yates/yates-versus-gas.html"></a>
- Chip Yates switches from electric motorcycle racing to electric airplanes In 2009-10 Chip Yates had intended to join the 2010 TTXGP North America series but did not do so. In this video he lies - when the TTXGP said he couldn't enter, it was because the bike was too heavy, not because it was too powerful. Otherwise the point is that Chip Yates went from electric motorcycle racing into building a fast electric airplane.
- Chip Yates takes electric superbike to the Mojave Mile, sets unofficial speed record These videos document their trip to the Mojave Mile where they achieved a 190 miles/hr top speed, establishing an informal speed record for electric motorcycles.
- Chip Yates takes electric superbike to Pikes Peak International Hill Climb After going to the Miracle Mile for an unofficial speed record, Chip Yates entered the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.
- Chip Yates on a first race of electric superbike against gassers In 2009-10 Chip Yates had intended to join the 2010 TTXGP North America series but did not do so. In January 2011 Yates did go to a gasoline bike race sponsorec by WERA, a racing association in Southern California.
- ABT driver Lucas di Grassi tells us how to drive a Formula E electric race car Technical details of the Formula E race cars, as told from the drivers seat, talking about kilowatt-hours and regenerative racing rates.
- Race 1, Beijing interviews with Formula E CEO Alejandro Agag Alejandro Agag explains the fan boost, future expansion plans, and more fan questions
- Race 1, Beijing 2014 season opener extended highlights The culmination of many months, the very first Formula E electric car race in Beijing. A flawless race until the very last corner
- Race 1, Beijing 2014 season opener full race The culmination of many months, the very first Formula E electric car race in Beijing. A flawless race until the very last corner
- Race 1, Beijing interviews with Formula E drivers Driver interviews in Beijing at the Formula E 2014 season opener.
- Race 2, Putrajaya full race With Sam Bird winning, the 2nd Formula E race was action packed.
- Race 2, Putrajaya race highlights With Sam Bird winning, the 2nd Formula E race was action packed.
- Race 2, Putrajaya driver interviews With Sam Bird winning, the 2nd Formula E race was action packed.
- Race 2, Putrajaya pre-race highlights and results Going into the second race, drivers talk about their experiences and hopes.
- Race 2, Putrajaya pre-race driver interviews Going into the second race, drivers talk about their experiences and hopes.
- Race 3, Punta del Este full race Sebastian Buemi winning an action packed race
- Race 3, Punta del Este race highlights Sebastian Buemi winning an action packed race
- Race 3, Punta del Este driver interviews With Sebastian Buemi winning, the 2nd Formula E race was action packed.
- Race 3, Punta del Este pre-race highlights and results Going into the third race, pre-race testing and qualifying.
- Race 3, Punta del Este pre-race driver interviews Going into the third race, drivers talk about their experiences and hopes.
- Race 4, Buenos Aires full race (Formula E) Antonio Felix de Costa winning an action packed chaotic race that saw several leaders either crash out or pushed to the back of the pack
- Race 4, Buenos Ares driver interviews (Formula E)
- Race 4, Buenos Aires pre-race highlights and results (Formula E) Going into the fourth race, pre-race testing and qualifying.
- Race 4, Buenos Aires pre-race driver interviews (Formula E) Going into the fourth race, drivers talk about their experiences and hopes.
- Race 4, Buenos Aires race highlights (Formula E) Antonio Felix de Costa winning an action packed chaotic race that saw several leaders either crash out or pushed to the back of the pack
- On eve of Formula E's 2014 season opener in Beijing, a look back Highlights of events leading to the first ever Formula E race, in Beijing.
- What is the Formula E electric race series? A "frequently-asked-questions" style rundown of everything we need to know about the Formula E racing series. At least, the "everything" that fits into 5 minutes.
- Williams Engineering on battery packs for the Formula E electric race cars Derived from Williams' experience with KERS battery packs in Formula 1, they've supplied the 40+ battery packs required for the Formula E 2014-15 season.
- Formula E CEO Alejandro Agag explains the electric car racing series, slated to run in city centers around the world This interview for the Financial Times allows Agag to explain away some Formula E controversies.
- First full simulation of Formula E prior to the 2014 season opener in Beijing After months of testing, preparation, a full race simulation was run prior to the real race in Beijing.
- Donnington Park's amazing rebirth as Formula E's headquarters, and its long history in racing Donnington Park was largely abandoned until a couple years ago, and using that circuit as the Formula E headquarters brings this historical track into the modern age.
- These professional race car drivers drove electric Formula E cars, and are blown away by the future of racing Proving that electric cars don't have to be slow boring ugly golf carts, Formula E has set out to revolutionize motorsports.
- First Formula E test at full power with full size battery pack Previous test was at lower power, smaller battery pack.
- Formula E's first test - low power, and small battery pack - still cool
- The exciting Formula E electric racing car design Causing excitement and interest means a top-notch design, co-developed between Dallara and Spark Racing Technologies.
- Formula E electric racing is mining the trend towards electric cars, bringing EV "cool" to racing If the future is electric, the FIA wants to be there.
- A mythical history of the Formula E How did the Formula E come about? This video will tell you a mythical, and not quite accurate, rendition of history.
- Meet the Formula E teams and drivers at the Donnington Park headquarters Electric racing is new to professional race car drivers, but these guys are excited that electric may be the future of racing.
- Delivery of first 10 Formula E cars to the teams at Donnington Park Unlike other race series, all the Formula E teams are co-located at one HQ facility in Donnington Park.
- Formula E's electric racing aims to showcase electric cars, increase adoption Fast, sexy looking, electric race cars, in city centers, shows off electric car capabilities.
- Chinese driver, Ho-Pin Tung, tests the Formula E electric race car Thumbs up, could be the future of racing.
- Formula E aims to sell 77 million electric cars, slash health care costs, slash oil consumption, via electric racing The Formula E series has big goals for itself.
- Formula E assembled this amazing corporate consortium to develop electric race cars for the future of racing Unveiled at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show, the partnership behind the Spark-Renault SRT_01E Formula E car design included Renault, Williams, SPARK, Michelen, and Qualcomm.
- McLaren on the most power dense electric motor in the world, at the heart of Formula E race cars Weighing in at 26 kilograms, producing over 200 horsepower, the Formula E motor has the highest power density known to McLaren Engineering.
- The electric drive train for Formula E race cars is designed to racing standards by companies already associated with Formula 1 The drive train is critical to Formula E's success.
- Formula E showcasing Qualcomm's technology for wireless charging Wireless charging means not having to plug the car in - and Formula E hopes to, eventually, deploy wireless charging pads on the race track.
- Formula E race car tires will work for both wet and dry roads without changing tires The ingeniously design tires, supplied by Michelin, have light weight, more efficiency, and the flexibility to run in wet or dry conditions.
- 2014-15 season
- Kleenspeed sets electric car lap-time record at Sonoma Raceway In September 2012, Sonoma Raceway (previously known as Infineon Raceway) held an event focusing on <em>Sustainable Performance</em>, namely what electric vehicles have the best performance and hence will be attractive to fast drivers. At that event Kleenspeed (at the time still an active company developing electric drive train technology) brought its EV-X11 electric racecar to the track to set a lap speed record. The company had previously set lap-speed records at Laguna Seca International Raceway during a REFUEL event.
Electric powered land speed racing
- Mission Motors land speed record attempt at Bonneville Salt Flats In 2009 after <a href="/videos/ttxgp/2009-isle-man/mission-motors.html">its appearance at the 2009 TTXGP at the Isle of Man</a>, Mission Motors went to the Bonneville Salt Flats for land speed record racing. They achieved a record of 150.059 miles/hr - that was later surpassed by Lightning Motorcycles.
Tesla Motors @ REFUEL
- REFUEL 2013 was awesome for the overwhelming Tesla Model S presence Held each year at Laguna Seca Raceway, the REFUEL race lets electric car drivers show their stuff. REFUEL 2013 saw a huge influx of Model S's.
- Tesla Motors @ REFUEL
- Chip Yates
- Electric Racing videos